The Jaguar XJ is a luxury saloon which is sold under the British Jaguar marque. The Jaguar XJ which was launched in 1968 has served Jaguar flagship model for the most of its production span and continues through today.
In 1979 the Jaguar XJ received a facelift which included:· Thicker and incorporated rubber bumpers with decorative chrome on top edge
· Flush door handles for increased safety
· One-piece front door glass without a separate 1/4 light
· Grille with only vertical vanes
· Reverse lights on the larger rear light clusters
· Revised roofline with shallower glass area
According to the UK Department for Transport’s road accident statistics on a model-by-model basis Jaguars were among the safest cars on UK roads which show risk of injuries to car drivers involved in two-car accidents whenever an injury is reported.
The Jaguar XJ is very popular for banger racing in the UK due to its simple but tough construction. Many of the Jaguar XJ’s are raced with its original Jaguar engines but some are replaced with a Ford V6 engine.